So there I was sitting on the foyer floor, paintbrush in hand and face speckled with "baby grass green" colored paint, when my telephone rings. It's our social worker. Granted, I was anticipating this call to schedule our homestudy update but I was secretly (o.k. perhaps not so secretly) hoping that it wouldn't come for at least two weeks so I could somewhat get the house looking normal. Alas, my wish was not granted. Our social worker (btw her name is Becky) requested to meet with me next Tuesday (Aug. 25th) at 10 a.m. Of course I obliged the request and then hung up the phone and broke into anxiety tears.
I'm very particular about the condition of our home and it sent me into heart palpatations to think that our case worker would have to step into our world of moving chaos. The icing on the cake is that Bob is gone to Ohio for the next two weeks, so it's just me and my two very tired arms trying to accomplish all this home settling b.s. Eventually I resigned to the following truth: Becky will need to have a good sense of humor and simply draw on her past understanding of how we maintain our home. She will need imagination to see the potential around the boxes and if she wants to see it all set up and lovely, she's free to come back as many times as she would like. Seeing how I'm not superwoman, I've decided to cut myself some slack. It's about time!
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment