Friday, October 16, 2009

Number 9...

I finally decided to call WACAP today and inquire about our position on the waiting list. This whole adoption thing is kind of like the DMV. You send in your paperwork, take a number and sit quietly waiting for your number to come up on the little neon sign. Anyway, word on the street is that we are number 9 which means that 8 people are ahead of us for referrals. Happily, I know who is number one on that list and I'm thrilled for them...hope they hear from WACAP sooner than later! As we enter the season of terminal holidays, I suspect that referral rates will slow down a bit but that's to be expected. Sometimes there are long stretches without referrals and then BAM! several families get them at once. We're still banking on next summer/fall as our projected date of referral. Only time will tell, but at least now, we have our paper pull tab and we're just waiting to see that number pop up on the neon sign.

3 comments:

Annie B said...

Yay! Welcome to the single digits! Do you know what number you started at? Funny how important this list placement thing is, but I hear you, it's VERY important. Hoping you are able to stay at least somewhat sane through the next nine referrals...

St. John said...

I have no idea what number we started at. I'm just happy to be number 9 for now.

BrandiB said...

That is awesome! I think we are #26, so we have a long way to #9 :-(

So excited for you guys and cannot wait to hear more news!