As suspected we received another update from WACAP mostly to calm the anxious nerves of those waiting in line for referrals or travel orders. It's not suprising that the content of this email focused around the notorious absence of referrals and goverment activity during the month of December. I had planned on this delay so it did not prove upsetting to me. Afterall, why shouldn't government and adoption workers get a break during the holidays? I still believe, in spite of the the inevitable delays, that such stalls in forward momentum are there only because God has the perfect time planned for the union between baby and family. Delays are part of that plan!
One thing has been on my mind as of late though, and that has to do with the ongoing calendar that I keep track of mentally. Kind of like a woman hoping to become pregnant who can pinpoint ovulation to the hour and do period math faster than the most skilled mathematician, I do the "hmmm...I wonder if my baby has been conceived yet math". You have to take into consideration the fact that most babies are around 5 months when referred for international adoption, plus the 9 month pregnancy (provided it was a term baby). Figure that it takes 14-18 months for a referral...so how long has it been since we were approved? Then subract the 14 months of gestation, plus in-country wait.... Oh my Lord, my head hurts! I'm pretty sure that baby has been conceived. I just pray that his/her/their birthmother is taking good care of them and helping them to grow big and strong. It's hard to not have control over that piece in the puzzle. But, in the end, I trust that God is doing everything He can to take care of our precious bundle until we meet.
Friday, November 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment