Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Financial Plan?...Check!

Yey, one more piece of annoying documentation is done! The financial statement took us a mere 1.5 cooperative hours to complete. It would be great if they just asked "do you have finances?"... to which we could easily reply..."why, yes we do." Alas, nothing is that simple. We had to list salaries, checking accounts, savings accounts, investments, retirements, insurance, all liabilities (thankfully there aren't many), and all (I mean ALL) monthly expenses. GEESH!!! Our favorite question was "How do you plan to finance this adoption?" Of course our initial smart ass response was "with money." We didn't think that was what they were looking for, so we delved into the answer a bit more. Quite frankly, I wish we could just put answer 1; however I think this process is a bit like standing in the security line at an airport...you just don't joke about bombs. In our case, you just don't joke about anything regarding your ability or willingness to pay.

No comments: