So I ask in silent prayer, “What about those plantings that fail to grow?” As I wait, an answer seems to come from beyond:
You sow seeds every day whether you know it or not.
Some plantings grow to be food for the soul:
the songs you sing aloud
or hum in silence;
the kind words you speak
to those with aching hearts;
the prayers that live within you.
Some plantings can crowd out the lettuce and the lilies:
weeds that plant themselves and settle in,
like hurtful words carelessly spoken.
These must be plucked up.
The planting and the plucking up
are two parts of one thing—
you are the sower; God is the grower.
The harvest is one whole and holy soul.
Creator God, I confess that I sow—and reap—both joy and pain as I walk through life. I trust that You can make a thriving garden of my plantings

No comments:
Post a Comment